School On-Site Counselor
Amanda Leitner - email@example.com - Contact Number: 510-463-4056.
Ms. Leitner is here on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9:00-4:00.
Cal State Institute of Reading Development
Psychological Service Center in Oakland - 510-628-9065 - Alliant is located at 1440 Broadway Street, Suite 610, Oakland 94612. This is a Comprehensive Assessment that gives a clear picture of student strengths as well as concerns.
Audio Books - www.learningally.org
TeachBar - teach.bar
1085 MacArthur Blvd, San Leandro, CA 94577 - 510-278-5980
510-639-2929 - 4400 Keller Avenue, Suite 200, Oakland 94605 - 510-639-2929 - This program was designed to help build skills in self-regulation by utilizing sensory supports, regulating emotions, thinking socially, and improving executive functions. www.cwtherapy.com
Unlocking the Door of Knowledge - The Stellar Academy for Dyslexia
38325 Cedar Boulevard, Newark 94560---510-797-2227---www.stellaracacdemy.net or firstname.lastname@example.org---Stellar Academy is an independent non-profit school (grades 1-8) for students with symptoms of dyslexia. They offer full-day, part-day, summer camp, tutoring , and specialized testing.
Local Resources for the Educator and Parent Regarding ADHD/ADD Evaluation and Treatment
Lawrence H. Diller, M.D.--- 2099 Mount Diablo Boulevard, Suite 208, Walnut Creek email@example.com or www.docdiller.com
- 1,2 3...Magic 4th Edition (also in Spanish and DVD) by Thomas Phelan (Parent Magic, 2101)
- Should I Medicate My Child? by Lawrence Diller (Basic Books, 2001)
National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) on ADHD
- Brad Berman, MD., Behavioral/Developmental Pediatrician---Walnut Creek---925-279-3480
- Robert Fields, Ph.D---Psychologist, San Ramon---925-743-1370---Evaluates for ADHD but also runs social skill groups and and excellent summer camp for children with ADHD and other emotional/learning problems
- Richard Levine, M.D., Child Psychiatrist, Berkeley---510-540-1746
APPS For Kids With Special Needs - For kids who have challenges learning, apps and other media can help them develop essential skills. Topics covered: Communication, Social interaction, Organization, Reading, Mathematics, Motor Skills. Check out this on-line guide
- Slyvan- - 855-567-2848---Help in Math, Reading, Writing, Study Skills, SAT/ACT Prep, Homework Help, Back
- Kumon - 800-222-6284---Math and Reading
- PEL Learning Center---Help with Math, English, Homework Help, Private Tutoring---15070 Hepserian Blvd. Suite B, San Leandro 1-8444-PEL-MATH (1-8444-735-6284) http://www.PELLearning.com